KERIS (Korea Education & Research Information Service) is a national institute founded by the Ministry of Education & Human Resource Development in Korea.
KERIS is doing its utmost to develop human resources through e-Learning, regain public trust in education, lay a foundation for a knowledge and information-based society by activation of e-Learning, and to enhance national education and research competitiveness through academy digitalization.
KERIS performs activities as follows,
- Organization and operation of the e-Learning system to improve K12 public education.
- Support for development of creative personnel needed to lead a knowledge-based society in the 21st century.
- Support for the qualitative improvement of classroom lessons and the fundamental improvement of public education through the use of ICT.
- Management of user-centered knowledge and information resources through the Research Information Sharing Service.
- Organization of the e-Educational administration service to enhance the efficiency and transparency of educational administration and the civil service.
- Support for the cyber learning system which allows anyone access to education.
KOCW stands for Korea Open CourseWare. It provides information about the locations of e-Learning contents for higher education developed by universities of Korea based on KEM(Korea Education Metadata).